Thursday 27 July and Friday 28 July 2017
led by Cecilia Macfarlane and Jo Rhodes
Course length: two days
Building on examples provided in the successful book 'Any Age, Any Body, Any Dance', this two-day course combines the contrasting skills and expertise of two highly experienced teachers in the field of choreography for community groups: Cecilia Macfarlane (co-author of Any Age, Any Body, Any Dance) and Jo Rhodes. The course is open to anyone with an interest in creating and developing choreography for themselves, adults, children and young people or inter-generational groups.
Course content will include:
- The dancer within you – exploring your own and others' passion for dance as the basis for choreography
- Working with dancing bodies: celebrating their differences and the inspiration that can be drawn from them
- Skills building – tool-kit staples, including relationships, space awareness, and dynamic, action
- Sources to inspire choreographic development in relation to a groups’ needs, skills and aims
- Realising the potential of the individual and the group in varying settings and contexts
- Using props and imagery
- Choreographic and leadership styles – cultivating an environment of ownership and creativity
- Creative Task exploration
- Value of reflection and appreciation of the creative process.