Sadler’s Wells East
Permanent, full-time position
Salary £36,750 per annum, plus benefits
Academy Breakin’ Convention is the ABC of hip hop theatre, offering a full-time further education programme for creative and talented 16 – 19-year-olds. This is the first Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performance and Production Arts, specific to hip hop theatre in the UK.
ABC is delivered by Breakin’ Convention and Sadler’s Wells.
Sadler's Wells is a world-leading creative organisation dedicated to dance in all its forms. Our mission is to make and share dance that inspires us all. The Academy is one of the major initiatives at our new venue, Sadler’s Wells East.
Find out more about Sadler’s Wells East at www.sadlerswells.com/about-us/our-theatres/sadlers-wells-east and Academy Breakin’ Convention at academybreakinconvention.com
As an Assessment Lead, you will collaborate with the Head of Academy and the Pastoral Lead to:
- Coordinate, plan and co-deliver baseline, formative, and summative assessments of the curriculum.
- Monitor attainment and report student progress to inform early intervention where necessary, to ensure positive student outcomes.
- Promote a culture of resilience through tasks which develop a secure base of knowledge and the life skills needed to support personal, artistic and industry progression.
- Support the pastoral team as a tutor who is developing student’s foundational knowledge, rationale, experimentation and expression to sustain a healthier career as future leaders in the creative industries.
- Provide opportunities for learners to achieve the performance and production qualification and support the mission and values of Academy Breakin’ Convention.
We’re a supportive and hardworking team, working on a variety of projects. We have a ‘smarter working’ approach and encourage both on-site and remote working*.
Sadler’s Wells benefits include:
- LinkedIn Learning Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to complementary tickets and discounts
- Enhanced holiday
- Right to request flexible working from day 1 and time off in lieu (taken outside of term time only).
*Please note that during term time, the role is office based.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourage applications from Black, Asian and those belonging to ethnic groups that are currently underrepresented within the Arts. Applications from d/Deaf and disabled communities and low socio-economic backgrounds are also welcome. As a user of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the Job Pack.
Sadler’s Wells also works collaboratively with Parents in Performing Arts (PiPA) in efforts to support parents and carers within the industry.
If you would like support or have any queries regarding the format or submission of the application, please contact us on email@example.com.
For a list of all our current opportunities, please go to the Sadler’s Wells website sadlerswells.com/vacancies. Please note that if you have not already done so, you will be required to register an account with us when you first apply for one of our opportunities.