The Press and Media Officer will support and maintain the smooth running of day to day communications with the press and media with advanced writing skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and implementing publicity campaigns.
• Assisting in the writing, production and distribution of press packs, press releases, press editorials, and photography.
• Following up requests for press and media.
• Pitching to seasonal publications, locally, nationally and internationally.
• Providing briefing notes to Serendipity staff team, artists and media as required.
• Creating and managing press and media lists. Building rapport and connections with publicists, journalists, sponsors and stakeholders. Ensuring Press relations are well-maintained and provide an industry-leading service to the media, maximising positive PR for the brand.
• Attending press events and previews as required. Supporting the organisation of promotional events.
• Administration of press tickets.
• Ensuring all assets and media sites are maintained and correct.
• Monitoring media coverage daily, making sure important articles are collated and shared where relevant. Ensuring these are given to the Heritage team to be included in the organisation’s archive.
• Assisting in the creation of copy for product and press communications.
• Working with digital on social media campaigns and content for social channels. Working with the Heritage Manager, Digital Innovations Manager and Executive Assistant to curate, schedule, post and share content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
• Working closely with consultant publicists and agencies on campaigns.
• Maintaining an annual campaigns calendar to complement Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s annual programme.
• Working with the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
• Acting as a brand ambassador and ensuring all communications adhere to the Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage brand and values, including materials produced by external partners or co-producers.
• Championing, protecting and enhancing the profile of Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage. Undertaking proactive measures to maintain reputation and leading on branding guidelines and brand development.
• Working with Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s team to raise awareness of, and engagement with, our programmes across a rich diversity landscape covering age, gender and cultural heritage.
For more information please follow the link below.