People Dancing will be embarking on a new phase of existing relationships with five artists and two dance companies as Associates, enabling us to work in depth with internationally respected leaders, support mid-career artists into national leadership roles and ensure that diversity – of people,
and creative practices - is woven throughout content and delivery. Associates will be supported by our organisational and fundraising capacity to develop planned work and new ideas. Working with the organisation’s leadership team they will access new platforms and connections together at the leading edge of participatory dance practices internationally. Associates will be commissioned to undertake work across programmes.
For 2018-2022 they are:
- Liz Clark - Artistic Director, Turned On Its Head, independent dance artist and trainer: Early years practice
- Kimberley Harvey - artist, performer, practitioner, disability advocate: 11 Million Reasons to Dance: Cymru
- Louise Katerega - independent dance artist/Arts & diversity consultant: Disability/Diversity
- Anusha Subramanyam - choreographer, teacher and dance movement therapist: South Asian community dance
- Cecilia Macfarlane - Independent Dance artist and Artistic Director of intergenerational dance company, Crossover: Creative development and sustaining a career
- Diane Amans - Freelance dance artist, lecturer and consultant: Older people dancing
- Luca Silvestrini, Artistic Director, Protein: Large-scale participatory performance
- English National Ballet: Dance and Parkinson's.