Dancers, dance teachers, leaders and facilitators are subject to a range of legal issues, depending on the nature and location of their work.
The following information has been compiled by People Dancing to help members of the dance community gain a better understanding of their legal obligations. The pages have been specifically designed to support the learning of DDTAL candidates. This is not an exhaustive list. There may be other legal issues that may affect your practice.
Further information can be found on the topics listed below by logging in:
- The Human Rights Act (1998)
- Equality Act 2010
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) (1990)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (SVGA) 2006
- Protection of Freedoms Act (2012) (including DBS information legislation)
- Education Act (2002)
- Children Act (1989) and (2004) (England and Wales)
- Children and Young People Act (Scotland) 2014
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- Freedom of Information Act (2000)
- The Protection of Freedoms Act (2012)
- Children and Young Person's Act (1933) and (1963)
- Health & Safety at Work Act (1974)
- Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (1988).
Reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure the information held on this website is accurate. Information is checked for accuracy and completeness, and updated from time to time. However, it is not intended to be legally comprehensive; it is designed to provide guidance in good faith at the stated date but without accepting liability.
Users must be aware that whilst an Act or Regulation may still be in force, parts may have been superseded by later legislation or completely withdrawn. You should seek independent legal advice if you require verified up-to-date information in relation to your own individual circumstances.
People Dancing acknowledge the support of Trinity College London in the development of the legal compliance webpages. More information about Trinity College London can be found at www.trinitycollege.com
Please note - you need to be logged in to view the fact sheet and legal compliance information below.
Log in here