The UK development organisation and membership
body for community and participatory dance
You are here:> Home > Developing Practice > FAQs > Legal
Please find below frequently asked questions about contracts / legal matters - please click the question to view the answer.
>   Do my employees or volunteers need insurance?

Yes, you will need to make sure people you work with are covered. Please visit our insurance page for more information about this and other insurance FAQ's.

>   Do I need a DBS (formerly CRB) Check?

Our DBS pages go into detail with up to date information for you on DBS Certificates, so check them out here

>   What insurance do I need when teaching dance?

When teaching dance it is important to have an insurance package that meets your needs. People Dancing's Professional Individual Membership includes liability protection giving Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance cover of up to £10 million, plus legal expenses protection. A Personal Accident cover is also included.

This membership is open to individuals in the UK involved in community and participatory dance at a professional level.

Please visit our Membership Services area for more information.