About the Network and how to get involved
The Inclusion in Dance Network (formerly 11 Million Reasons to Dance Network) is for anyone who currently works, or aims to work, with access and inclusion embedded into their dance practice, ensuring that there are sustained opportunities for disabled people to participate in dance.
The Network is for:
- Disabled artists and practitioners
- Non disabled artists and practitioners working inclusively within their dance practice
- Organisations and venues who are passionate about equal opportunities, access and inclusion
The Network provides annual gatherings, online learning and online networking discussions and newsletters which provide a national overview of current issues, support and opportunities for disabled people to participate in dance.
The Networks aims are:
- To support and raise the profile of Deaf, sight impaired, neurodiverse and disabled dance artists
- To support organisations and individuals to embed access and inclusion in their dance work and programmes
- Work in partnership to deliver strategic campaigns that positively profile disabled dancers and change perceptions around dance and disabled people
- To provide a national platform for gatherings, networking, discussion and debate on current issues and creative professional development
- To support disabled people to better access participatory dance opportunities
The network is always open to new members.
Join the Inclusion in Dance Network mailing list here